Your Most Favorite:
Marinated Grilled Flank Steak with BLT Smashed Potatoes
Recipe courtesy Steve ofSteve's Famous Foods
Recipe Summary: Easy, but kinda fussy, so maybe this is really a Moderate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes – you have GOT to pay attention !
Yield: 4 servings as a main
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 tablespoon Steve's Rustic Red Rub
· 2 teaspoon hot sauce
· 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
· 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, and 2 splashes
· 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· 2 pounds flank steak
· 2 1/2 pounds small red skin new potatoes
· 1 leek, trimmed of tough tops
· 4 slices thick cut smoky bacon, chopped
· 1 cup chicken broth or stock
· 1 vine ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 1 cup sour cream, to pass at table
1. Mix garlic, Steve's Rustic Red Rub, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar.
2. Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil.
3. Place meat in re-sealable plastic bag and coat it evenly in marinade.
4. Let stand 15 minutes.
5. Cut larger potatoes in half, leave very small potatoes whole.
6. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water.
7. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes 12 to 15 minutes until tender.
8. Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to high heat.
9. Cut leek in half lengthwise and chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
10. Place leeks in a colander in a big bowl of water and release all the dirt from them with a good swish, hand-separate all the layers, then drain leeks in a colander.
11. Grill flank steak 6 to 7 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
12. Put a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil into a hot nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
13. Cook bacon 3 to 5 minutes until it begins to crisp and has rendered most of its fat.
14. Add leeks to the skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes more until the leeks are tender.
15. Drain the potatoes and return them to the hot pot.
16. Smash the potatoes with the chicken stock.
17. Add the BLT (bacon, leeks and tomatoes) to the potatoes and continue to smash.
18. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
19. Remove flank steak from grill and let juices redistribute before slicing (wait 5 minutes).
20. Thinly slice meat on an angle, cutting the meat against the grain.
21. Plate sliced flank steak next to BLT potatoes and garnish potatoes with a dollop of sour cream.