Winter Ale Pork Chops
Recipe courtesy Steve of Steve's Famous Foods
Recipe Summary: Easy
Prep Time: 2 - 8 hours
Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
Yield: Serves 6 as a main dish with sides
A savory winter dish that cooks up fast so you get back indoors quickly
· 6 large ( 1 to 1.5 " thick ) pork loin chops
· Winter Ale Marinade
- 1 bottle (or more) of your favorite dark winter ale or brown ale
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 TBSP brown sugar
- 4 TSP Steve's Pork Rub
- 1 TSP Kosher Flake Salt
- 1 TSP apple cider vinegar
1. Peel and crush the garlic and combine with the other marinade ingredients in a large plastic bag.
2. Add pork chops, and squeeze out excess air.
3. Refrigerate at least 2 hours up to 8 hours, and turn every 2 hours.
4. When you are ready to cook, well-oil the cooking grates and preheat your gas grill to medium-high heat.
Keep the lid closed if it's chilly out to keep the heating even.
5. Place the chops on the grill and cook 6 minutes a side with the lid closed, flip once, and cook another
6 minutes on the other side with the lid closed.
6. Place the chops on a platter, scamper back inside (It's cold out there!), season with salt and pepper,
garnish with potatoes and vegetables and serve.