Your Favorite Side...
Gahlic-Smashed Red 'Taters
Recipe courtesy Steve of Steve's Famous Foods
Recipe Summary: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings as a side
· 3 pounds small red new potatoes
· 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
· 6 gahlic cloves – adjust to your taste
· 1/2 stick butter – cut into pats
· 2 teaspoonsSteve's Rustic Red Rub
· 1/4 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
· Salt and pepper – to your taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Sort potatoes:
Potatoes that are golf ball size [2 inches or less in diameter] leave whole.
Halve the large remaining potatoes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, coat lightly with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and toss to coat evenly.
4. Place on a roasting pan.
5. Smash the gahlic cloves with the side of your knife, remove the paper skin and toss into the potatoes.
6. Roast the potatoes 20 to 25 minutes, until just fork tender.
7. Transfer everything from the oven to a large mixing bowl.
8. AddSteve's Rustic Red Ruband the butter.
9. Mash the contents until you get your favorite consistency – more or less chunky.
Tip: if too dry, add a pat of butter at a time while mashing.
10.Sprinkle in parsley and season the potatoes with salt and pepper to your taste, and serve.