Bourbon-Grilled Flank Steak
A sweet-heat marinade adds flavor and tenderness to classic grilled flank steak.
Recipe courtesy Steve of Steve's Famous Foods
Recipe summary: Easy
Prep time: 15 minutes
Inactive prep: 4 to 12 hours
Cook time: 15 to 30 minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 as tapas,
4 as a main with Gahlic-smashed Red 'Taters
· 1 cup water
· 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
· 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey [recommend Tuthilltown's Baby Bourbon]
· 1/3 cup Teriyaki sauce
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
· 3 to 6 tablespoons Steve's HEAT - adjust to your taste
· 2 flank steaks 1½ pounds each), well trimmed
· -or- 2 beef top round steaks, about 1 1/2 inches thick (about 1 1/2 pounds each).
Follow recipe for flank steaks, but grill about 25 to 30 minutes for medium-rare.
1. Prepare marinade: In jumbo re-seal plastic bag (2 gallons), dump in all ingredients except steaks and mix well.
2. Add steaks, turning to coat. Seal bag, pressing out excess air.
3. Place bag in shallow glass baking dish and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. (longer intensifies the sweet-heat)
4. Remove steaks from marinade. Discard marinade.
5. Place steaks on grill over medium heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes for medium-rare, turning once.
6. Transfer steaks to warm large platter, let stand 10 minutes for easier slicing.
7. To slice, cut against the grain into thin slices and serve immediately.
Serve with Steve's Famous Gahlic-Smashed Red 'Taters, sourdough crusty bread and a crisp salad.